Monday, December 23, 2013

An Album Residency...




The older I get the more I realize that the pursuit of following my dreams is more important than fulfilling music-industry standards to "make it." Five years ago, I performed a residency at Schubas every Monday for an entire month. That residency was one of the few times, where a venue didn't restrict me to performing only once a month and forever I'll respect Schubas for giving me that opportunity.

Five years later and we're in an industry that has rapidly changed. Records are streamed, opposed to bought; which leaves live shows and licensing as the two remaining substantial ways for artists to get compensated. This change has resulted in talent buyers around the states placing heavier contractual restrictions on artists; which leads to talent buyers having the final say on if artists can or cannot perform. As much as I understand the reasoning behind these restrictions - I was raised in the 90's under the impression that every band should perform as often as possible. So that's what I'm going to follow from here on out. 

January 9th will start my three month "Album Residency" at The Windy City Inn. Every Thursday I'll be performing one of my records in its entirety and joined by many songwriters who I greatly admire; many will be performing their own records in its entirety as well. So, my rant will end here. I love you. Till Thursday...

1.9 // DJ Scott Schaefer
1.16 // Gar Clemens 
1.23 // Kate Adams + Adam J. Mixson (Austin, Tx)
1.30 // Jeremy David Miller
2.6 // Danny Malone (Austin, Tx) + Angelina Lucero
2.13 // Curtis Evans + Brian Morrissey (Dirty Pigeons)
2.20 // Todd Kessler + Vivian Rae McConnell (Grandkids) 
2.27 // Cold Country + Ty Maxon 
March artists will be announced 2.1


JAN 9
10:00 // Mas (Unreleased Record) 
Receive a free album download of unreleased material with the ticket at the venue.

painting by Tom Schraeder & photo by Heather Parkin.
9:00 // DJ Scott Schaefer

+++++++++++++

1.16
10:00 // Dear Brooklyn, I'm Sorry...

9:00 PM // Gar Clemens

+++++++++++++


JAN 23 
10:30 // Sleep Well Queens


9:30 // Kate Adams 

9:00 // Adam Mixson (ATX)

+++++++++++++


JAN 30 
10:00 // Death of St.Thomas


9:00 // Jeremy David Miller performing "Lepus"

+++++++++++++


FEB 6  
10:30 // Lying Through Dinner 

11:00 // EGOISTE

 9:30 // Danny Malone performing his latest record Balloons.

9:00 // Angelina Lucero

+++++++++++++

FEB 13 
10:30 // Once Lace, Now Cotton 

9:30 PM Curtis Evans  



+++++++++++++


FEB 20 
11:00 // The Door, The Gutter, The Grave 


10:00 // TODD KESSLER 



+++++++++++++

FEB 27 
11:00 // GUSH - Wearing On Strangers (2014)



10:00 // Cold Country 


9:00 // TY MAXON



Only 60 tickets will be sold for each performance! Tickets will be available for purchase only at the show, day-of the performance at Windy City Inn. To reserve a ticket(s) please email your name, the amount of tickets (4 per person), and which performance you'd like to attend to...
 hisegoinfo@gmail.com.



No comments: